Setting up the TeamViewer integration for your organisation is quite easy and requires only the entry of your TeamViewer API token.
Please note: You need a valid TeamViewer license. If you do not have one, you can purchase one from TeamViewer.
- Login to your XEOX Account (administrators only).
- Click on Administration → Integrations.
- Navigate to the TeamViewer tab.
- Insert your API token, then click Save.
Create the API token
- Login to the TeamViewer Management Console.
We recommend not to create the API token with the e-mail address of a specific user but with a TeamViewer account that is linked to a general e-mail address (such as firstname.lastname@example.org). If a certain user sets up the API token, this may cause problems with TeamViewer integration, if this particular person should leave your company at a later point in time.
- Choose Edit profile from the dropdown menu under your company name.
- Select Apps from the menu and click Create script token.
- Create a script token to allow XEOX access to the TeamViewer API and select the highest level of permissions for category Session Management as it is shown below.
- Copy the token to use it in XEOX.
Now that Teamviewer is set up, you can use it via XEOX by either going to CMDB - Hardware or the Update Center. For this example, we will use the Update Center.
Click on the three dots of the device you want to use TeamViewer on and select Remote Acces - Start TeamViewer.
After you clicked Start Teamviewer in XEOX, a new window will open. Click on Launch Installed TeamViewer.
The Remote Connection will now wait for the other device.
Now you will have to accept the session on the device you want to connect to. Click Join session.
You are now connected.